lundi 14 septembre 2015

Dual boot W10.

I've been looking where to park this question but can't really decide so as it has been brought about by W10 decided on here, sorry Mods if it's in the wrong place.

My JVC video camera software is proving glitchey in W10 and I can't see any software update on the JVC site except a pricey new edition which I have no way of knowing will be any happier with my camera than my camera is with W10. It worked flawlessly on W7 so I was going to try dual booting.

I've never dual booted before and after some advice in an earlier thread (which I can't now find) decided to have a go as I've been rained off my outside work this afternoon.

It seemed like an easy enough task but I've fallen at the first hurdle.:o

My MB is UEFI (albeit one of the first versions) I thought extra primaries were possible with UEFI but it seems mine has the 4 primary partitions limit of normal BIOS. (or at least that's what Disk Mngment and EaseUS are telling me.

I've reads lots on Google but nobody seems to directly address my question. Any advice would be appreciated as I really want to get it done tonight while I've got the bad weather.

2 of the primaries on my HDD are OEM and locked. So I have to either install both OS to C or one each to C and the other to D and what I want to know is does it matter.

..ie do they need to both be on the same primary, for instance C, but in different logical partitions or do they have to be on separate primaries, eg, one on, C (primary) and the other on D (primary) and if so can D be then split into 2 logical partition for storage as my D primary partition is 1.7 Tbs and I don't want all that space devoted to a second OS that will just be occasionally needed to run a couple of bits of software.


Dual boot W10.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire