samedi 12 septembre 2015

If you prefer to download to your Desktop in Windows 10 …

In this post …..

http://ift.tt/1i6P1C5

….. Dave says that he prefers to download setup files etc. to his Desktop instead of the default Downloads folder, but couldn’t see a way to do this in Windows 10.
Since then, I’ve been asked a few times about this … and also how to create a new Edge shortcut on ones’ previous W7/W8 desktops that W10 retained.

Below are screenshots showing Mrs Spit’s desktop. She asked me about adding the Edge shortcut as we both still prefer to download stuff to our respective desktops until we no longer need them … or move them to their final destination folders.
So for those who still want to download to their desktops …..

How to Create a Microsoft Edge Shortcut in Windows 10
http://ift.tt/1i6P1C7
I used OPTION TWO in the above link.

These screenshots below may be of interest to those who intend to upgrade to W10, or who are still trying to find their way around it.





I have now tweaked Microsoft Edge on our machines. If you adjust your Settings; import your IE11 Favourites; create your preferred Home page; select Dark instead of Light, etc. you should find it’s a lot better than your initial impression of it. It’s significantly the quickest browser that I’ve ever used.
From what I’ve read, it appears that the pending early November updates will include extensions.
Hopefully Adblock Plus will be one of them.

Spit


If you prefer to download to your Desktop in Windows 10 …

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire