dimanche 30 mars 2014

How good were the Steiner brothers in the ring and overall?

I was not even old enough in 2000 to understand what Kayfabe and storyline is, nor the thin line that divides them with reality. So practically I enjoyed and cheered and laughed without any scope for discernment or criticism, every time I saw The Rock, Kurt Angle, and such; leave aside being old enough in the 1990s. However, it's a big tragedy to not having witnessed the monday night wars while growing up, the awesome WCW product, etc.



As I'm discovering WCW ppvs from 1996 onwards, I also looked up Sting and his surfer gimmick and his feud with Cactus Jack and I stumble across the card of Beach Blast 1992. Needless to say, I'm so impressed with this card, in an era where the WWF had Duke the Dumpster and Koko B. Ware with his bird and what not.



Scotty Flamingo defeated Brian Pillman to win the WCW Light Heavyweight Championship (17:29)

Flamingo pinned Pillman.



Sting defeated Cactus Jack in a Falls Count Anywhere match (11:24)



Ricky Steamboat defeated Rick Rude 4-3 in an Iron Man Challenge (30:00)



Dustin Rhodes, Barry Windham and Nikita Koloff defeated The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Steve Austin and Bobby Eaton) (with Paul E. Dangerously and Madusa) (with Ole Anderson as Special Guest Referee) by disqualification (15:32)



WCW World Tag Team Champions The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) fought The Miracle Violence Connection (Terry Gordy and Steve Williams) to a time-limit draw (30:00)



It seems to me that the tag team match closed the show. Now, I've never ever watched a Steiner brothers match, and probably not even the legendary Road Warriors' matches, because the only tag teams I knew were Edge and Christian, Hardys, Acolytes and everything that happened beyond. But it makes me wonder, for a tag team closing a WCW ppv , and being such a big name in WCW during that time, wrestling 30-minute matches, How good were they? What style did they wrestle in? What are their greatest feuds and moments??




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire