samedi 29 mars 2014

Some of the WCW PPVs- Great or Gruesome?

I've been downloading a lot of wrestling, mostly from torrents, as well as watching exciting matches I've never known existed, such as Bryan Danielson vs Cesaro/Claudio Castignoli from Throwback Thursday, as well as Sami Zayn vs Cesaro from Nxt. I've also begun downloading WCW ppvs, which I've never ever seen in their entirety. To me, most of them look loaded with brilliant matches and having quite a structure to it, something which WWE ppvs have always lacked. There's usually 2 big main events with stars like Savage , Hogan, Flair, Sting, Lex Lurger, etc. There're a few mid-card championship defences featuring the likes of Goldberg, Bret Hart, Booker T, Chris Benoit , Finlay, and so on. And 2 or 3 exciting Cruiserweight matches featuring the likes of Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Juventud guerrera and many more. I've never seen or known so much stacked in a single pay per view.



However, I was checking this ppv Bash at the beach 1998 on Wikipedia, before embarking on downloading it and it looks like crap to me. Bret Hart uses a steel chair to get DQ'd against Booker T, Eddie beats Chavo in a hair vs hair match, Konnan beats Disco Inferno in 2 minutes, and I don't know who Kevin Greene is, who is defeated by The Giant. However, the two main-events look crappy.



Goldberg defeated Curt Hennig to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (3:50)

Goldberg pinned Hennig after a Jackhammer.



Hollywood Hogan and Dennis Rodman (with The Disciple) defeated Diamond Dallas Page and Karl Malone (23:47)

Hogan pinned Page after an Apocalypse from The Disciple.



I really have no idea about who Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone are and what their significance is in the wrestling business. However, it looks like a crappy ppv for Bash at the beach. At least on wikipedia. What do you guys think? I've never really watched WCW in the 90s, especially during the downfall years of 1998, 1999 and 2000. For any of you who's watched this ppv, what did you think of it? And also, I'd like to be enlightened on various factors surrounding the WCW brand during that time.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire