lundi 16 novembre 2015

A waste of money

I've just read issue 384's 'Windows 10 laptops under £250' and have reached the conclusion that none of them - including your gold, silver and bronze award winners - are worth buying.
For me there are two killers. screen resolution and battery life.
A screen resolution of 1366 x 768 is simply dreadful. 1280 x 800 is little better. It amazes me that back in 2007 you could buy a laptop with a 1920 x 1200 non glare screen but we appear to have been going backwards ever since. Last year I reluctantly stopped using my Dell 1720 and moved to a new machine with a 1920 x 1080 screen. My spreadsheets and wordprocessing and browsing programs miss those extra pixels and using Facebook isn't nearly as easy - especially Facebook games.
Only one of your choices has a decent screen resolution but that one has a dreadful screen size and battery life - I might just as well use my Nexus 7 with a Bluetooth keyboard.
It's high time laptop manufacturers ditched 1366 x 768 screens. I will never buy one and I doubt if those informed enough to read Web User will either.


A waste of money

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire