lundi 26 octobre 2015

Printer says no!!

I wonder if anyone can advise me on a printer problem...my printer just stopped working about a week ago! I have an Epson XP-215 wireless printer, linking to my laptop using Windows 8.1. It's worked fine for the last 2 years, using compatible print cartridges. Suddenly last week, all 4 cartridges showed up on screen as having no ink. That seemed a little strange, as when I'd last checked, most were over half full. Anyway, I replaced all of them with a new set of compatibles but it made no difference. All still showed as empty. Then I wondered if I had sent some response to Epson by mistake, to one of their registration request messages and maybe somehow this was causing the cartridges to be rejected.

I checked it out on the web as best i could and concluded that the best thing would be to uninstall the printer and re-install from scratch. After various mishaps, I managed to do that. However, the new cartridges still show as empty and in addition the printer now had a status of offline. I've tried various things via Devices and Printers on the Control Panel, but it has made no difference. I did download the latest driver for the printer, as one suggestion I read said that might cause the printer to be offline.

So now I'm stuck!! I wonder if anyone could suggest a way out.


Printer says no!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire