mardi 27 octobre 2015

Windows 8.1 - Unable to update.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated:

HP255 GI Notebook running Windows 8.1 64 bit Operating System with a 1.70GHz AMD E2 -1800 processor.

When I start up there is a notification saying Important Windows Updates are available to be installed. But when I go to Windows Update the window just hangs with the circle just going around.

I have found the following in Task Manager/Services:
Name: wuauserv PID: 1464 Description: Windows Update Status: Stopping Group:netsvcs

When I right click on wuauserv and select the start option a window opens called Unable to start service”
This window has the following information:
The operation could not be completed.
An instance of the service is already running.

Also I have tried:
1. Automatically reset Windows Update components - FixIt
2. clean boot run the FixIt again – several attempts.

I have 64 Updates but unable to download and install.

Thanks in anticipation of any help

otrfc


Windows 8.1 - Unable to update.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire