mercredi 28 octobre 2015

Your AV needs Windows Update apparently

At least that's what it says in the current issue (461) of CA on page 57 - 'Add PATCH POWER to your antivirus'. It says that Dennis Technology Labs found that if they configured Windows Update to install Windows patches automatically, MSE went from blocking only 66% of malware to blocking 99%. Hmm. So if you're running Windows 7 or 8.1, you set Windows to install its updates automatically and risk getting Windows 10 foisted on you whether you want it or not. Personally, I'll be leaving mine set to 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them' and my AV will have to cope somehow. Since I check for and install updates regularly - apart from some which get hidden - for whatever needs them, I don't think I'll get any trouble. An excerpt from the article:
Quote:

What you must do

Whatever version of Windows you're using, go to Windows Update now and make sure it's configured to install updates automatically.
Actually, I don't think I will.


Your AV needs Windows Update apparently

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire