jeudi 22 octobre 2015

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Unable to Open File

On Windows 8.1 I had installed Adobe CS6 Master Collection and updated all Adobe products to latest versions within CS6. I had created a business card using Adobe Illustrator. All went fine and I had printed the business card.

Just a week ago I had done a fresh install of Windows 10 and re-installed Adobe CS6 Master Collection including all updates to latest version with CS6.

Now when I try to open the same business card, I get the following error:

"The file xxxxxxxxx was generated by a newer version of Illustrator. Would you like to import this file. Some data loss may occur"

When I click YES, I get a blank shape of the business card but no content.

Unusual thing is that I had created multiple versions of the business card as I was enhancing and modifying. Previous old versions of the business card opens just fine on Windows 10 with CS6. It's just that the latest and final version of the business card is failing to open and giving me the error message.

I am stumped. I only have xxxxxx.ai version and xxxxxxx.png version of the file. But obviously I am not able to modify anything in png version. So what solution do I have? I definitely don't want to edit previous version because I had modified tremendously and I would have no idea on the dimensions or other elements that I need to modify in the business card.

How do I fix this and why am I getting this error message. Nothing has changed except for the fact that I went from Windows 8.1 to fresh install of Windows 10. I do not have EPS versions or any other format except for AI and PNG.

Thanks for your help in advance.


Adobe Illustrator CS6 Unable to Open File

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire