jeudi 30 juillet 2015

A trip back in Time (Old stored PC revived after 5 years )

I am posting this with Wondows XP but with a difference..It is not my Usual windows XP Machine but a spare machine which has been Languishing in the spare room
...I am transfering the innards to another case shortly and this Case will house the New build Windows 10 Motherboard (Will need some extra fans but they are cheap) Had a Big clean out ..Lots of Dust bunnies! between the 2
This has the best spec Motherboard
Now here what we Found (How old) the Component build stickers are 2003/4
and a RAM of 512MB
HDD Is Good a Hitachi Deskstar of 80GB

Now Usability.. We Have Chrome! but it is Locked at Version 6! >2010(No App Store) But does display the Google Home page layout Correctly
Some winners, some losers! LOL >Many Familiar URLs (Twixt 2010 to 2015) Not showing
Given a few days work It'll be better than the Tired XP Machine in the other room with Chrome 44

Antivirus /firewall ect I'll deal with another day
Other Version Highlights
VLC is 0.8 and Internet Explorer is Version 8
And when I navigated to this Place it was still calling me by my older Moniker


A trip back in Time (Old stored PC revived after 5 years )

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire