mercredi 29 juillet 2015

After All The Fuss......

Called in to our club room today, not normally a club meeting day but the room was not booked and a couple of the lads were there doing some hardware work.

One had gone to the bother recently and installed Windows 10 beta on one of the machines. No tweaking since download, just a bare bones o.s. to play with. Yours truly spent an hour on it, even downloaded a couple of programs, VLC and CCleaner just for the hell as like.

After the hour I thought, well now, W10 looks good but not exactly making me itch to be rid of W7. The lads with W8 can't wait, one of them is looking forward to his finger nails getting back to normal.

Bid them farewell and walked out the door thinking, after all the fuss I can't see me having a reason to go to the bother for quite some time.

Back home, the weather is atrocious, might as well take a back up of W7 plus Docs. The thought struck me, I use Acronis 2012, will it be compatible with W10?

On to Google then http://ift.tt/1I1LxcG and to me the answer reads, 'No it won't be, only Acronis 2015.' So there's a disappointment, upgrade to 2015 for a further £40 or dump 2012 and look for a freebie.

Rant over, I'll wait and see what Santa brings.


After All The Fuss......

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire