mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Something I can't find an answer to

My notebook (as I said before) is a convertible and I've got a hang up about a 2 or 3 thing.

W8.1 on my convertible seems like it was designed for that type of machine and works very well and I am quite happy with it on a convertible.

From what I've seen of 10 I'm not in all that much of a hurry to change the notebook and possibly loose some of the functionality of 8.1 just for a compromise which is geared to better suit mouse only users. But I really need to give 10 a fair shake on the Yoga to make my decision.

Also the UEFI interface on the Yoga has some nice functions most of which I haven't actually used yet in anger and have only clicked around to see whats there. For instance Many people claim there is no way of changing the boot order for 8.1 but on the Lenovo Yoga I can go into UEFI from the desktop and access the boot order to changed it. (not at boot, I'm locked out going into the BIOS the usual way at boot) But I am not sure if this facility is a W8.1 feature or a Lenovo feature. I did ask Lenovo support but quite frankly they were as much use a a chocolate teapot.

In addition to the above, when I got the Yoga it initially fired up with W8 but immediately prompted upgrade to 8.1. I ran it on 8 for a few days just out of curiosity and then upgraded to 8.1 which I have been very happy with.

Now my recovery partition (the revert to OEM set up job) will of course be W8 so if I didn't like 10 on the convertible and ran the recovery partition would I still get an offer to upgrade to W8.1 from W8 :confused:

I've got an image of my current Yoga 8.1 but if the UEFI interface is a Lenova feature I have a worry that installing 10 may somehow cock this up and then worse maybe not allow the imaged to be accepted.

I'm guessing that taking 10 (with fingers crossed) as an upgrade would not effect the UEFI desktop interface even if it is a purely Lenovo feature but if I then decided to, at some point, do a clean install of 10 from the much talked about future ISO how would the above be effected.

It all seems a bit of a keep your fingers and legs crossed, spit on your palms, take an image at every corner, keep a firm hand on the mouse and trust in the Lord sort of exercise.:D


Something I can't find an answer to

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire