mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Removing the GWX folder in Windows 7 SP1

Hi,

I have noticed that a folder called GWX has been installed recently by Windows Update in my Windows\system32 folder. Apparently this is some advertising for Windows 10 that Microsoft has been putting on people's computers and it should give rise to a Windows icon appearing in the system tray.

Since this folder has been installed I have no icon in the system tray but my computer takes ages to close down and as I am not sure whether or not I want Windows 10 at the moment can I just delete this folder so that my computer will shut down as it used to? At the moment it is taking nearly a minute to shut down whereas before, it took about 15-20 seconds.

Does anyone know whether it is safe simply to delete the folder and the programs it contains?
Many thanks


Removing the GWX folder in Windows 7 SP1

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire