samedi 26 avril 2014

The thin line between reality and fiction...

Admittedly I am a huge wrestling fan and have been since I was in diapers, I am now 32 years old, and I intend on remaining a wrestling fan for the rest of my life. With that said I would like to look into the depth that a character from the stage to the ring reaches into a fans emotional side. Let's be honest guys, these sports "entertainers" work their cheeks off and do receive some what of a beaten when entering the ring. They do some amazing things that the average Joe could never get away with doing in the "real" world(not a shot at Miz). Some fans create a connection with the "characters" created to fill said ring. The key words here are "character" and "created". What "us" wrestling fans watch are basic, what I would call male soap operas.



What I'm getting at is, the wrestling we watch on a daily basis is scripted, you win, you lose, fill in the blanks on your own television. I've always loved that about wrestling! So why when discussing wrestling do we have to state the "reality" of what could and would not happen?



For instance, this week my fiance, whom is not a wrestling fan by any means what so ever and feels that wrestling is a flat out fake sport.(what a jerk!) Anyway she happened to be sitting on the coach this Monday night and caught raws opening segment where DB got spanked by Kane. She said to me wow Stephanie needs acting classes because she is terrible and isn't even believable. So being the nice guy that I am I explained to her that the audience is aware that Stephanie is faking her worries about DB. After explaining she says bluntly, "so she's faking being fake while already faking her character?" (Wtf?)



It hit me right then that even the non-hip, non-fan is more aware then I don't know let's say just for giggles 69% of hardcore fans that wrestling is clearly not "real".



I guess this should have struck me sooner then later but are wrestling fans who can't decipher the reality from fiction in wrestling a bit slow? Or do they just suck up the pure joy of watching someone they hate get their face stomped? Even if they know that foot isn't really hitting that face? Hmm.



Are we a bit dumb for enjoying this? I think not. But there are some others whom would seriously disagree with me and say "we the people" are not so bright.



All I'm saying is, come on guys.... If you really think these guys are getting power bombed through hardwood tables then getting back up and superplexing someone from the top turn buckle then you really need to recognize what you are watching and realize these guys are regular guys under the image they present, they are not super heroes and life is not a comic book.



I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings, I'm just tired of people thinking I'm a little dumb for enjoying wrestling, not all die hard fans think its all real america!



(Boy am I tired of being mocked for enjoying pro wrestling...)



This public service announcement has been approved for most audiences by the PhillMorr for Earths President campaign team...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire