mercredi 28 mai 2014

We need more multi-men matches!

So, I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but lately, triple threat and fatal four way matches are so rare. If I recall correctly, the last time we had a triple threat was at Extreme Rules, then the main event at Wrestlemania and prior to that I don't even remember. Fatal four ways haven't happened since I remember myself.



Is this because creative is unable to book something like a triple threat storyline of a fatal four way storyline? I don't know, really. We have seen how uncreative they can be, so it could possibly be that. On the other hand, what I believe is that one on one matches are easier to market. This guy takes on this guy and if both guys are high tier, then it markets itself. The dynamics are fine, but sometimes you need to change it up.



The promos for one on one matches eventually get boring. Cena vs Bray. I love Bray, he is awesome on the mic. Cena delivers most of the time. But the feud has been going on for so long now and they need something new. Sure, this is "personal" so you can't add more guys, but it is an example of how "boring" a one on one feud can get.



Let's move on to the WWEWHC scene. Before WM, there were 4 people directly assosciated with the title; Orton, Batista, HHH and Bryan. It gave room for so many more promos, so many more matches building up to WM, room to change it up, different guys targeting different guys on different nights etc. If, for example, we only had Batista vs Orton for 6 weeks, what could those two guys do for such a long time, especially considering their lack of skill on the mic? I think you get the entire picture.



Multi-men matches give room for so much more potention in every feud. I remember a fatal four way from I think Backlash 2007, with Orton vs HHH vs JBL vs Cena I believe. It was such a good match and such good story building up to it. See Elimination Chamber this year. On every Raw, we got Orton facing each one of his competitors, giving room for so many good matches. I could go on.



Why doesn't WWE go that route though? Sure, they shouldn't do it all the time, but ESPECIALLY NOW that the WWEWHC is (going to be) vacated, it seems like the perfect opportunity to create such a mayhem. Imagine a match between Orton, HHH, X, X for the WWEWHC.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire