dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Texting from Fire or other Tablet without (Sim card)

My elderly mother likes to send the odd text. She has very poor eyesight and her hands aren't what they used to be, and her old phone is tiny.
I don't want to spend hundreds (or even one hundred) on a smart phone, so I was wondering if it was possible to send and receive texts from a tablet.

It won't have a sim card in, but will be connected to the net wirelessly.

I've seen pretty cheap tablets with 7" or bigger screens, now I see now that you can get a FIRE for £50.

Initial searches have shown me 'Viber' so I installed it onto my own Kindle Fire, but it won't work without me registering my mobile phone number. I'm assuming that Viber will somehow connect to my phone? This wouldn't work with my mothers phone as it's ancient and doesn't have wireless.

So.. is there any way to send and receive texts from the new £50 Fire, or any other cheap tablet (probably Android but definitely Not iPad)?


Texting from Fire or other Tablet without (Sim card)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire