lundi 28 septembre 2015

Homegroup (the dreaded)

OK, now I have 2 Computers running Windows 10, I am trying to get to grips with the dreaded Homegroup.

I say dreaded, because since MS rolled it out, I have never been able to get any of my computers to see any other computer via this method.

Lets give some information:
The 2 PC's involved = Home Desktop (DPC), and Laptop (LPC)

The desktop PC (DPC) if I open "Network" it shows:
Computers: (LPC) (DPC) & my NAS drive.
Opening "Network" on the LPC gives the same 3
Conclusion both PC's are visible on the network.

On LPC, if I d click the DPC I get asked to "enter the Network credentials (a username & and Password) (I have no clue which user name & password I need.
On loading W7 onto the DPC prior to W10 upgrade, I left the Password blank, but not entering a password fails.
Nothing seems to work, and I have tried all my passwords.

Next:
The DPC is showing it is a member of a Homegroup.
I have a password for this Homegroup.
If I go to the LPC, and Control Panel>Homegroup>Join Now
I get asked what I want to share, and then have to enter the password.
I type in the password, and after an age, I get a message:



I have tried the Homegroup troubleshooter.
Suggests Network problems (resets wireless network adaptor)
and then... tada... Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem :(

So there we have it.

Has anyone ever managed to get the Homegroup to work?
or
Should I just use my NAS drive (which both PC's CAN access) to transfer files.

...Trouble is... I don't like to give up. I feel if it's there, it should work... :mad:


Homegroup (the dreaded)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire