samedi 26 septembre 2015

Things the go bump in the night

I just wondered what the view is re the W10 update settings.

I think, needless to say, I've got them switched off where I can switch off and set to notify restart where I can't.

NB. The settings in the screen shots below are set that way just so I could post examples of them.

When you read the defaults settings for updates, which you don't get an option to change during install, when read together it seems like something akin to remote assistance is on in W10 by default, (worrying to say the least) and while you are away from your PC with it supposedly safely powered down, some MS bot will have the ability to power it on and start downloading updates. In addition it also seems to read that having these settings at default gives MS the authority to use your PC as a global file sharing resource connecting you system to other computers anywhere in the world.:( More than worrying pretty alarming I would think.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong. You know how I worry so. :rolleyes::D




Things the go bump in the night

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire