jeudi 27 août 2015

CCleaner and AdwCleaner

Just wondering if anyone with HitmanPro.Alert has had any alerts when upgrading CCleaner or downloading AdwCleaner in IE ?

Having attempted to upgrade CCleaner through the program and directed to the FileHippo site, HPA.2.0 has alerted me to IE being compromised and not to use it for any sensitive use until I'd scanned for viruses.

I get the same when attempting to download AdwCleaner, but Norton 360 is also blocking that and I'm getting the same on two laptops.

Junkware Removal Tool downloaded fine and removed some bits but I no longer have its log.

I've ran ESET Online Scanner in Safe Mode with Networking on both and while nothing was found on one, ESET found an unwanted variation of Installer.ABK on the other.

A Rootkit scan and checks for PuPs and PuMs with MBAM came up clean.

After the scan I was still getting the same with CCleaner and AdwCleaner so it's possible those sites could be compromised, as I wouldn't expect the same alerts/blocks on two laptops.

I have had Norton 360 block Adwcleaner in the past, but it was just on one laptop.


CCleaner and AdwCleaner

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire