samedi 26 juillet 2014

In Regards to Kid Rock, Dolph Ziggler, and now Seth Rollins...

First off, let me say this isn't a big deal issues, just a saying that irks me that I keep hearing repeated in the wrestling world.



"It's not bragging if you back it up".



Kid Rock, the overrated rock star, made a song with that phrase, Dolph Ziggler had a catchphrase saying it, and now Seth Rollins help up his Money in the Bank briefcase and also made the claim.



My knit-pick issue? The phrase makes absolutely no sense.



The truth is, one can ONLY brag when you indeed "back it up", because bragging is gloating to people when you do something well.



So it IS bragging when you back it up, but you do the backing first, and then you brag.



I don't know why that bothers me, but it does. Stop it Ziggler, Stop it Seth.. you sound like fools. We all know Kid Rock is one.. so no worries there.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire