mercredi 30 juillet 2014

Red Sox redux

Last year, I did a topic asking how the Red Sox could go from being a last place team in 2012.....to the World Series champions in 2013.



Now, they're presently in the cellar again. How can this be?



(http://ift.tt/1qnsHlJ)



I'm uneducated about baseball, so forgive me for the statement that last year, it seemed everything broke right for them. No, I'm not saying a terrible team ever winds up winning the World Series, but I never believed they were as good as they appeared to be. In addition to apparently being thrilled that Bobby Valentine wasn't leading them anymore, they seemed to get every break on the field in 2013. Highlights on the New England Sports Channel consistently showed batted balls bouncing in the just the right spots, good & bad umpire calls all going in their favor, and opposing teams always seemed to be facing the Sox when they were in the midst of losing streaks.



Dumb statement? Possibly; it even sounds dumb to me. Yet, how does a professional team go from worst to first to worst without huge changes in personnel?



What am I missing?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire