samedi 26 juillet 2014

Should WWE have released the "Over the Edge" PPV?

Or maybe I should ask, would you watch it yourself?



Obviously everyone knows that this was the dreaded event where Owen Hart lost his life. It wouldnt be released until the Network came along and even then, all references to Hart himself had been removed (not sure if I agree with that, er, just in terms of the references...obviously the accident itself should not be shown).



But I was curious and tried watching it. The event was pretty...uneventful until I noticed something during the Jeff Jarret/Val Venis tag team match...a noticeable streak of blood next to a turnbuckle. It wasn't there before, so I presume this match occurred after Owen's fall (also, if memory serves, he landed on one of the turnbuckles)...It was so unsettling that I stopped watching right there.



I kept wondering why they didn't at least try to edit that out, at least in the shots where it's very easy to spot, but do you think they should've bothered with the PPV? Owen's death haunts the entire show and I find it strange that they omit him altogether, but leave in some of the aftermath...It's almost exploitive, even though that isn't really fair either.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire