lundi 29 septembre 2014

An Awesome 180

Whenever I form a certain opinion about a wrestler, that opinion rarely changes. I remember my height of John Cena hate was when he won the 2008 Royal Rumble. Later that year, I started to look back at his matches and realized that he is a very good wrestler who can have great matches with a variety of opponents.



This brings me to The Miz. I used to never think much of him. To many, he seemed undeserving of the opportunities he received which includes main eventing Wrestlemania. Most saw him as an afterthought due to the battle of verbal wits between Cena and Rock. Now that I look back, I have done an 180. Why wasn't Miz deserving of that spot?



We complain that guys are pushed too fast into the main event scene before they are ready which could be the case in a guy like Ryback. Miz started off as an annoying little nuisance in 2006 who JBL ragged on constantly when he was a commentator on Smackdown. From there, he went on to a pretty entertaining tag team with Morrison. He rose up through the ranks and became U.S. Champion, won Money In The Bank, and cashed in Orton to become champion. Miz was a guy that they took their time with and sprinkled in big opportunities here and there (feuding with Cena in 2009) and won the big one. I can't have too many complaints with that because we rarely see it happen anymore.



Another gripe is that his offense is terrible. I used to think that same exact thing but why does he need a great offense as a heel? Guys like Flair did the little things whether it was putting feet on the ropes or a thumb to the eye and they played to the crowd. It's all about making the audience invested in the comeback of the babyface. Sometimes simplicity is the best option.



Currently, Miz is one of the best heels in the WWE and I love his Hollywood gimmick. He appears to be a good company guy and never shys away from doing promotional appearances. I don't know why they did the title switch so soon but that's par for the course these days. He may not get back to where he was 3 years ago but what he has done in the past is more than I, and most, thought he ever would do.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire