jeudi 25 septembre 2014

The distant future of John Cena

Tonight during a nationally televised game, Derek Jeter will be playing his last game in front of a Yankee Stadium crowd. Jeter has been a fountain of youth for much of his career and only during the last couple of seasons has it been apparent that Father Time has caught up with the boy, Jeets. At age 40 and a still healthy and able body, Jeter could seemingly play another two seasons before things begin to get real ugly. However, Jeter is calling it quits now and walking into the sunshine.



I can't help but be reminded of John Cena during all of this. Jeter has been widely acknowledged as the face of baseball throughout his career, and well, John Cena is the face of modern wrestling. However, Cena is getting up there too, of course, at age 37.



Cena maintains great health and given the history of wrestling, he could wrestle well into his forties. However, Cena is already so decorated at his age where I have to wonder if he even should? This brings me to the point of this thread. If I'm Cena, I'm walking away at some point within the next 5 years. Why would he continue to take bumps and increase his chance of long term injury? Especially when there is a much more appealing pathway before him: acting.



I can feasibly see John Cena crossing over to Hollywood and having great success, like our good buddy, Dwayne and I think he should pull the trigger on it sooner than later. I'm not really certain, but I would expect that he could make significantly more money. Not to mention, achieve greater heights of fame and also save himself a lot of potential health hazards.



On the same note, Cena very well may end up being a lifer. I am just speculating here; I don't read all of the articles and columns so I don't have that much insight into what Cena may actually do. Personally, I want to see Cena cross over. I'd be happy for the guy to make it to that next level of fame and truly, I think he has a lot to offer Hollywood.











Will Cena be a wrestling lifer or a future A-Lister?

What would be the better move for his career?

What would you like to see him do?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire