lundi 21 septembre 2015

What is the point of live tiles?

I am one of those fortunate enough to have a desktop computer with two monitors. In Windows 8.1 if I wanted I could keep the Start screen up in one monitor, with it's live tiles, and read emails etc in the other. It seems that option is no longer available.

The Start menu with it's live tiles stays on screen only if you stop doing everything else. I thought that there would be an option to, perhaps, start with a full screen start menu as before. There is - it's called Tablet mode. However, microsoft in it's inscrutable wisdom decided that if you had two screens then you would not want Tablet mode and so all the options to switch to Tablet mode are greyed out.

I thought I had got round it by setting the option to "Automatically switch to tablet mode" when I sign in. But Windows 10 will not allow that. As soon as I log in I get a message along the lines that I have exited Tablet mode because it is not available with multi-screen setups.

So what is the point of live tiles in a Desktop computer?

David


What is the point of live tiles?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire