jeudi 28 août 2014

Best and Worst feuds of 2014 (so far)?

Even though I often complain about what the WWE is doing, I will admit that it has provided plenty of epic confrontations this year. Here are some of my favorite feuds.



- Swagger Vs Rusev: While I'm getting annoyed at the cop-out endings, I have enjoyed the majority of their fights and even the storyline that accompanied it. This seemed like a compelling- but stupid and cliched- idea at first, but when they started facing off, I was totally into it.



- R-Truth Vs Bo Dallas: Admittedly I'm probably alone and I'm not even sure if this really counts, but I personally thought it was hilarious when R-Truth defeated the streak because who would've expected it? This feud was more funny than compelling, but it made me laugh.



- Daniel Bryan Vs the Authority: This made me glad that Batista won the Royal Rumble, even if it made that event seem wasted in retrospect. I liked how the writers made the 'hijacking of the show' from the fans as part of the story-line and when Bryan conquered, it really meant something. The matches were really good too, although having Bryan feud with Kane was a petty weak follow-up.



- The Shield Vs The Wyatts: It annoys me that this wasn't fleshed out more, as the fans were totally into this confrontation. It lead to an awesome face run by the Shield and the matches were awesome too.



But here are some of the worst feuds of the year, in my opinion.



- Daniel Bryan Vs Kane: I was okay with this at first as I was grateful that they were trying to do something interesting with Kane, but then I learned that this feud recycled a lot from an earlier storyline involving Kane and Cena and...It was pretty dumb. The attempts at creating a horror film out of it were unintentionally amusing and Bryan being scared of Kane made so sense as he overcame him in nearly all of their confrontations.



- Adam Rose Vs Jack Swagger: Whereas Im not sure what would be THE best feud of the year, this likely would be the worst. It was embarrassing seeing Swagger humiliated in every single confrontation, not helped by the fact that I dislike Rose.



- Cesaro Vs Jack Swagger: This was bad on a writing level because it derailed Cesaro's impending face turn and bringing in RVD undermined the bad blood between the two.



- Fandango Vs Summer/Layla: The entire love triangle sucked and this sucked so badly that I started to root for Fandango because the girls were acting more like heels by that point.



- Batista Vs Alberto del Rio: Batista squashed del Rio. Was it even a feud?



Honorable Mentions



- The Shield Vs Evolution: Evolution didn't win enough battles and they only did any damage to the Shield because Triple H abused his authority- which he was doing anyway. But the matches themselves were really good.



- Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar: Weak finale, but I will admit that the build-up was usually effective.



- Ambrose Vs Rollins: This would be great if it wasn't for the cop-out finishes. I initially found myself frustrated at Ambrose's stupidity, but now the interferences, the cancelled matches have soured my opinions...Even though I have enjoyed their few actual matches.



- Wyatt Vs Cena and Wyatt Vs Jericho failed, but weren't terrible. His program with Cena was sloppily written and the finale reeked of backstage politics, but I admired its ambitious- if poorly executed- ideas. I don't think Wyatt and Jericho have very good chemistry and their feud makes no sense, but the matches themselves have been decent.



Anyway, what about your favorite/least favorite feuds? Am I missing anything? Henry Vs Rusev has had a strong start and I'm one of the few people who have enjoyed Cena Vs Lesnar, although it will come down to where they go with it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire