mardi 26 août 2014

Can Bo Dallas be a successful good guy?

I hated Bo when he first showed up doing the 'self help' parody, although I guess that was a step up from the complete and utter indifference I had felt towards him before. Yet over time, his smugness, genuine comedic timing and random bursts of violence won me over. I love to hate him and just wish that WWE gives him a more interesting feud to keep him relevant.



But can he ever be an effective face without discarding the gimmick? In many ways, Bo has been booked much like Kurt Angle when he had first begun his career (a villainous parody of the hero). But when Angle turned into a good guy, he became the kind of character that he was deconstructing/satirizing. It worked well enough, at least based on my memory of face Angle.



But if you took away that element from Bo's gimmick, it sort of loses its flavor. At least with Bray Wyatt or Bad News Barrett, I can see their gimmicks carrying over into face roles. But I can't imagine Bo ever being a successful face without changing or dropping the gimmick...and that might mean a rehash of his initial failed run as a good guy.



Do you think Bo can make the gimmick succeed if he ever has a face turn? Or will he be a lifelong heel? That would present another issue though as I do think the Bolieve gimmick will eventually get old. I suspect Bo is doomed to midcard status regardless of what he does, with maybe a brief Ryback-esque run as a main eventer before being reduced to talent enhancement. But I have been wrong before.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire