mardi 26 août 2014

A question for parents of children who like Cena.

How do you think your kids would respond if John Cena took a step back, went away for an extended period, or changed his persona?



As a youngster, I was a Hulkamaniac. However, when Hulk started to step away for movies and the steroid scandal, then subsequently left the then World Wrestling Federation for World Championship Wrestling, I didn't jump ship entirely. I'd already been watching WCW before Hogan joined the promotion, but I was a WWF guy. I remained a WWF guy.



The declaration of a "new generation" piqued my interest. I was happy to see Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels come to the foreground. I appreciated the in-ring action that they, along with guys like Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, and The 1-2-3 Kid provided. Diesel was cool. Having guys like Ted DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, and Gorilla Monsoon assume new roles worked for me. In short, I was okay with Hogan leaving because even at a young age, something different was refreshing after years of sameness. I got a kick out of the Huckster and Nacho Man parodies. It wasn't until Hulk Hogan significantly changed his persona that I became reinvested in him, and clearly I wasn't alone based on what followed his heel turn.



I don't have kids, so my finger isn't on the pulse of today's youth. Times are different and so are children. If Cena started to fade away, disappeared for a while, then came back and changed things up, would kids just stop watching WWE at any point during the transition? Would they never come back to WWE based solely off of Cena leaving/changing? The topic is open to all of course, but I really want to know what parents think.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire