mardi 26 août 2014

Brie Vs Nikki: The worst part of an already weak RAW.

I didn't really like Raw (8/25), but for me the show killer was the segment involving the Bella twins. This storyline with Brie has gone back and forth between being interesting and boring. It started off nicely when Brie slapped Steph, then turned tedious when week after week Stephanie would abuse Nikki, then got amusingly stupid with the arrest, but finally reached its awesome peek when Brie started to get revenge. Then it turned stupid once more when the whole 'affair' thing happened. Yet it lead to shockingly solid match- considering who is involved- at Summerslam. The ending was predictable, but it was understandable.



I didn't mind the first post-Summerslam segment, but dear Lord, this next one blew hard. Part of the problem is that it's being kind of predictable with Nikki claiming that Brie held her back. But even worse, Brie is not a good actress. Nikki did fine because she was just delivering a normal promo, but Brie's crying was...well, awful. It also represents why I can't stand the Diva division. This is too much of a soap opera for my tastes. I want brawls, not tears. If the Uso's were going through this same kind of break-up, would the face be crying? No, they'd be exchanging punches in about 10 seconds. But apparently female wrestlers prefer talking...and pulling hair. Hey, I'm not sexist. That's what the WWE is telling me. Ugh, and it took forever to get itself over with too.



Everyone will likely complain about Cena beating the crap out of Bray (Brock Lesnar style) when it came to Raw (8/25), but is that going to effect your interest in the feud? Even though I'm concerned for the Wyatt's and their sudden string of losses, I still will eagerly await the Lesnar-Cena rematch. But this last bit between Brie and Nikki has killed off whatever interest I had in the feud. I'll do what I used to do and fast forward through their segments.



Am I alone in this? Did you like their bit? Or were you as bored as me? I can't be alone, as the crowd seemed disinterested in it as well. lol.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire